Two Day Trek Sacred Valley – Huchuy Qosqo
The best alternative two day trek in the surroundings of Cusco, departing from Tambomachay, trek across the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Huchuy Qosqo, an ancient Inka archaeological site. Enjoy the stars with a beautiful night at Andean mountain community campsite.
This two day trek allows us to combine interesting archaeological sites with the spectacular geography only found in the Andes, where the Urubamba mountain range displays its snow-capped peaks along the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Your adventure step by step
Day 1: Cuzco – Tambomachay – Pucamarca Community
We leave the city of Cuzco in private transport towards the archaeological park of Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay sector, where we begin our walk. This archaeological centre is considered to be a place of worship of water. From here we can see Puca Pucara, possibly a control post at the entrance to the city of Cuzco.
We leave Tambomachay climbing up a valley of the same name, where we can observe the city of Cuzco until we reach the Abra (high mountain pass) Sicllajasa, where we enjoy the view of the Ccauca ravine, as well as the typical puna landscape, walking around the slope of the mountain through a field of the rough Ichu grass.
On our way we will stop at the Qeullacocha lagoon, where we will enjoy our lunch.
We climb to the Challu Challu pass, from where we will be able to see the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. We continue to climb through the puna to reach the Rumicruz pass from where we will descend to the community of Pacamarca. This beautiful typical high-Andean community will house us for the night at our campsite. Dinner and overnight.
Meals: lunch and dinner
Maximum Altitude: 4247 masl / 13933 ft
Minimum Altitude: 3600 masl / 11811 ft
Distance Travelled: 9.75 km / 6.05 ml
Approximate Walking Time: 5 hr
Day 2: Pucamarca Community – Huchuyqosqo – Cuzco
We leave the community to continue our trek downhill, crossing an Inka bridge and following a cobbled walkway along the side of the river which will take us to Huchuyqosqo.
Arriving at this archaeological site, we will rest briefly to then start our guided tour of the place. Double jamb doorways, three-story houses, mixed constructions of stone and adobe; and a spectacular view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Urubamba mountain range await us here.
After a 2 hour descent, we arrive at the village of Lamay, the end of our trek. Here we will take our private transport to return to the city of Cuzco.
Meals: breakfast and lunch
Maximum Altitude: 4000 masl / 13123 ft
Minimum Altitude: 2959 masl / 9708 ft
Distance Travelled: 6 km / 3.72 ml
Approximate Walking Time: 6 hr
Know our rates
PRICES AND SERVICES USD
Group service – Price per person
- Private transportation Cuzco – Tambomachay
- Guide service in Spanish/ English
- Sleeping bag per person (-10 ºC – Eureka – Cimarron – mummy form, our sleeping bags are cleaned after every use)
- Sleeping liner
- Inflatable sleeping pad (Therm A Rest)
- Cook and assistant
- Cooking equipment
- Daily tea service
- Dining equipment including chairs and tables (Travel Chair)
- Cooking, eating and bathroom (The Pett) tents
- Portable environmental toilet (The Pett)
- Food (1 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner)
- Vegetarian menu at no extra cost
- Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – 4 seasons)
- Single tents available for extra cost – USD$ 15.00 per night
- Porter service (for camping equipment and personal belongings)
- First-aid kit
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- One Pachatusantrek kit of 100% biodegradable products (toiletries)
- Pachatusantrek water resistant duffel bag for carrying personal stuff (on loan)
- Pre departure briefing
- Private transportation Lamay – Cuzco
Services not included
- Extra food
- Optional tip for field staff
- Extra costs
- Evacuation costs
We recommend that you bring
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medications
- Walking sticks
- Swimsuit and towel
- Personal items
- Personal snacks
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Pachatusantrek offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
- DNI / Original Passport
Available from April to November
Important Environmental Note
Pachatusantrek is committed to following the principles of ecotourism in our operations, and request the understanding and cooperation of trekkers, especially by not contaminating the waters and in the adequate disposal of non-biodegradable waste. We must also respect the customs and traditions of the local people.
” Pachatusan Trek is really lucky to have the staff that works for them. They were all professional, caring, and knowledgeable and willing to teach us a variety of things about Peru. “
Check out our latest adventures
Urb. Villa Unión Huancaro G-4 Residencial Los Fresnos Dpto B-502 Santiago – Cusco – Peru
Monday to Friday:
09.00 Hrs a 18.00 Hrs
09.00 Hrs a 13.00 Hrs
(51-84) 984 103757
(51-84) 984 702859
© Copyright PachatusanTrek