Cultural Cusco 4D – 3N
Visit the ancient city of Cusco to explore the hidden secrets of this amazing historic City. Revel in the delights of the local food and ancient plazas
The city of Cusco is located 3400 m/ 11,154 ft above sea level, at the upper limit of the Quechua ecological level, the perfect setting for the development of agricultural activities as a means of sustaining a civilisation such as the Incas, who exercised their control and influence over almost all of South America.
This program offers you the possibility to know the city of Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the amazing Machu Picchu.
Your adventure step by step
Day 1: Arrival in Cusco
Upon arrival at the airport we will meet and transfer you to the chosen hotel. The rest of the morning will be free for a better acclimatization. We suggest to take the morning flights to arrive in Cusco early and have enough time to rest.
That afternoon we will meet you at the door of the Cathedral, in the main Plaza, to start the guided city tour. Our representatives will explain to you how to get the Main Plaza from your hotel. You can also take advantage and have lunch there before the tour.
This tour includes the visits to the Main Plaza, where the Cathedral is located. This Cathedral is impressive because of its paintings from the Cusco school.
Next, you will visit the Temple of the Sun, known as the Qorikancha, this enclosure was one of the most important buildings in the time of the Incas, its walls were covered with gold plates and it was built in honor of the Sun God (Inti).
Lastly you will visit the four ruins surrounding the city of Cusco; Q´enqo, Pukapukara, Tambomachay and Sacsayhuaman, the latter being one of the best architectural works of the Tawantinsuyo (Inca empire).
The tour will usually finish at the main plaza, or if you wish you can stop at Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, where there is a folk show. Ask your guide about this for more information.
Accommodation: 01 Night in a Cusco hotel included
Day 2: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Aguas Calientes
That morning, we will pick you up from the hotel to begin the tour for the day.
You will go to the Sacred Valley of the Inkas, visiting the complex of Pisac on the way, located 33 km/ 20 miles from the city of Cusco. Pisac is one of the most important archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley, as it was during Inka times, the city was built in the form of an animal; Pisac means partridge, and it has the same shape.
There are agricultural terraces built by the Inkas which are still used today. You will also see its famous typical artisans market, which includes crafts made by the local people.
Lunch will then be included at a local authentic restaurant in the Sacred Valley.
After enjoying a buffet lunch you set off for Ollantaytambo (2792 meters above sea level / 9160ft.).
This archaeological site was used for many things, and the ritual buildings and terraces stand out.
Ollantaytambo was an important fortress, due to its great surrounding walls, it was actually used as a storage city, strategically located in the Sacred Valley. It is a living Inka town with narrow stone streets making it an attractive and relaxing place.
In the afternoon you will take the train to Aguas Calientes, where you will spend the night. Upon your arrival at Aguas Calientes train station, you will be met by the hotel staff. They will then escort you to your hotel.
That evening the tour guide for Machu Picchu will go to the hotel and give you a briefing and arrange the time for the tour to Machu Picchu next day. You will arrange all the details with the guide (meeting time, point)
Meals: Breakfast and buffet lunch
Accommodation: 01 Night in an Aguas Calientes hotel included
Day 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast, you will take the bus to the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”. You will visit its principal plazas and temples. This tour will let you appreciate the high level of development achieved by Andean Civilization through the Incas.
As a supremely religious site, Machu Picchu demonstrates the superior knowledge achieved in both astronomy and astrology. This knowledge was gained by measuring dry and rainy seasons through the solstices, and was indispensable for the development of agriculture.
Your tour will be a detailed tour lasting the duration of the morning. Once the tour has concluded, you will have the opportunity to explore Machu Picchu on your own.
After the tour, you will then take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will enjoy lunch.
After lunch, you will go to the train station to take the one back to Cusco.
You will be met in Cusco train station by one of our representatives who will escort you to your hotel for the night.
Meals: Breakfast and lunch
Accommodation: 01 Night in a Cusco hotel included
Day 4: Cusco departure
Breakfast will be included in the hotel.
You will then have the morning to enjoy Cusco on your own. The tickets that were issued on the first day will still be valid, therefore you can take advantage of the many sites and places available within the Cusco area.
At arranged time before your departure time, we will transfer you to the airport to take the flight back or continue your journey visiting any other city in Peru (ask for our extensions).
Ask for our rates
- Transfer in Cusco airport – Hotel
- City tour to Cusco and nearby ruins
- Transporpation and English Speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral, Qoricancha, and nearby ruins
- Full day tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Transportation and English Speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to the Sacred Valley
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba
- Train ticket – Inca Rail: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- 01 night of hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu
- Lunch at a tourist restaurant (in Aguas Calientes)
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu – 1st schedule (from 06:00 to 12:00)
- Train ticket – Inca Rail: Aguas Calientes – Poroy
- Transfer from Poroy train station to the hotel in Cuzco
- 02 nights of hotel in Cusco
- 03 breakfasts
- 02 lunches
- Transfer in Cusco Hotel – airport
Services not included
- Domestic flights Lima – Cusco – Lima
- International flights
- Luggage excess charges
- Personal expenses
- Extra expenses due to flight cancellations
- Drinks (alcoholic, water, sodas, etc)
- Any insurance, Laundry
- Phone calls
- Not specified meals
- Tips (optionals)
We recommend that you bring
- Comfortable walking shoes (trainers and sandals)
- Warm clothing (hat, gloves, socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho – during rainy season)
- Sun block
- Insect repellant
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medical kit
- ID / original passport (it is necessary to carry it to Machu Picchu)
- Ask for our other combinations of 4 days programs, we have more possible alternatives
- The mentioned prices are based on hostels, please ask our prices for other kind of lodging and categories of hotels
- This program can be quoted in private services too
- Payments by bank deposit or wire transfers. payments with credit cards apply 10% of commission
Important Environmental Note
Pachatusantrek is committed to following the principles of ecotourism in our operations, and request the understanding and cooperation of trekkers, especially by not contaminating the waters and in the adequate disposal of non-biodegradable waste. We must also respect the customs and traditions of the local people.
- Rates for not resident in Peru
- Foreigners who are not resident in Peru are exonerated from paying the 18% extra on hotel rates, and must present their Immigration card (given to them upon entrance to Peru) for this. If they do not, the hotel has every right to charge them the aforementioned percentage on top of the published rate.
- Group services
- Shared service tours can vary depending on the wishes of the group and organization with the service provider. Please check the differences between our shared and private service tours.
- Dry temperature (from April to October)
- Average of maximum temperature of 25 ºC and minimum of 5ºC
- In the months of June and August the temperature could be 0ºC (32 ºF), this the season known as freeze
- The climate conditions are:
- Freeze mornings, at noon it could be warmer, cold afternoons and windy and very cold nights
- Rainy season (from November to March)
- Maximum temperatures average of 20 ºC and minimum of 10ºC
- The weather conditions are:
- Rain at any moment, the weather changes very often. It could be warm in the mornings and windy in the afternoon.
- It is possible to pay with all the credit cards (the majority of commercial places accept them); you can also use soles, dollars or Euros.
- It is easy to Exchange dollars to national currency in a very trustable and safe way through banks or exchange houses or at your same hotel
- Please remember that when you are traveling in Peru, you have to carry bills of low denomination for extra expenses, tips, taxis, purchases, etc
- The tourist areas are safe, but it is always recommendable to have some care with your personal effects. We suggest you to leave your value stuff at the safety box at the hotel.
- It is recommendable to walk in a safety way inside the city
- Once you need a taxi service, please call to an authorized agency, you can ask for this at the hotel front desk.
- Altitude sickness
- The city of Cusco is located at 3400 meters (11155 feet), this is why it is easy to feel headache, fatigue, short breath. We suggest you to drink coca tea (a millenary plant with medicinal effects. This is a sacred plant in the Andean World.
- If you have heart problems please ask to your doctor before your trip to Cusco.
- In case of any emergency with this altitude sickness we have a specialized medical stuff.
“Every destination on the tours was truly special and Machu Picchu was an amazing, breathtaking experience…. the attention we received went far beyond our expectations”
Check out our latest adventures
Urb. Villa Unión Huancaro G-4 Residencial Los Fresnos Dpto B-502 Santiago – Cusco – Peru
Monday to Friday:
09.00 Hrs a 18.00 Hrs
09.00 Hrs a 13.00 Hrs
(51-84) 984 103757
(51-84) 984 702859
© Copyright PachatusanTrek