- Detailed itinerary
- Pricing & services
- Further details
- Photo Gallery
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Inti Punku – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
We leave early to the Sacred Valley of the Incas to take our train to km 104 on the rail road to Machu Picchu. We will notice a dramatic change in ecological levels, from Quechua to cloud forest. The latter will provide the backdrop for our walk.
Upon disembarking from the train at Km104, we will register with the SHMP authorities to begin our walk. We will follow an uphill path through magnificent geography to Wiñay Wayna, where we will have a short break and check in with the SHMP to continue our walk.
When we arrive at the Inti Punku, the entrance to Machu Picchu, we will enjoy our first view of the sacred city. This magical place will surprise us with impressive geography, as well as with the evidence of the high intellectual and spiritual development achieved by the Andean people, under the rule of the Inkas.
We will cross the archaeological site to take our transport to the town of Aguas Calientes, where after checking into our hotels, we will have a well-deserved rest.
Meals: box lunch
2732 masl / 8964 ft
2088 masl / 6850 ft
10.79 km / 6.67 ml (to Inti Punku)
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
Early in the morning we will take our bus to the arqueological site of Machu Picchu, to enjoy a guided tour of this marvellous city. We will explore sacred places as well as the places where Andean man demonstrated the extent of his knowledge.
Machu Picchu was a place dedicated to the study and worship of the cosmos and the earth; a place where the knowledge and spirituality of the Andean man were combined to achieve a universal balance according to the Andean concept of duality.
Upon finishing our tour we will have lunch and, full of happy memories, begin our return journey to the city of Cusco.
We will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy Station, where our transport will be waiting to take us back to Cusco.
2400 masl / 7873 ft
2088 masl / 6850 ft
1.50 km / 0.93 ml
|Group Service - Price per Person|
|1||2||3||4 - 10|
|USD 1,160||USD 810||USD 695||USD 650|
|Private Service - Price per Person|
|USD 1,290||USD 915||USD 790||USD 725||USD 690||USD 670||USD 660||USD 655||USD 655||USD 650|
- Tourist transportation Cusco – train station
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 2 days
- Guide assistance (up to 9 passengers)
- Round trip train ticket Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Poroy - Expedition. Box Lunch – 1st day
- Inca Trail entrance fee – Valid for 2 days
- Down bus ticket for passenger – 1st day
- Down bus ticket for guide – 1st day
- Round trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu for passenger – 2nd day
- Round trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu for guide – 2nd day
- Lunch for passenger – 2nd day - available in private service
- Lunch for guide – 2nd day
- Tourist transportation train station - Cusco
- First-aid kit
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- Pre departure briefing
Services not included
- Extra food
- Optional tip for field staff
- Extra costs
- Evacuation costs
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
We recommend that you bring
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho)
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
- Sunhat and sunglasses
- Sun cream and insect repellent
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medications
- Walking sticks
- Swimsuit and towel
- Personal items
- Personal snacks
- Camera with enough batteries
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Pachatusantrek offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
- DNI / Original Passport
- For the group prices
- We apply the 4 – 10 range price when we open a group
- We need 4 persons to open one group
- In case you are less number of persons and there is no any group open we will apply the price according to the number of persons.
- For group services: please ask for our different options of lunch in Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
Important Environmental Note
Pachatusantrek is committed to following the principles of ecotourism in our operations, and request the understanding and cooperation of trekkers, especially by not contaminating the waters and in the adequate disposal of non-biodegradable waste. We must also respect the customs and traditions of the local people.