- Detailed itinerary
- Pricing & services
- Further details
- Photo Gallery
The city of Cusco is located 3400 m/ 11,154 ft above sea level, at the upper limit of the Quechua ecological level, the perfect setting for the development of agricultural activities as a means of sustaining a civilisation such as the Incas, who exercised their control and influence over almost all of South America.
This program offers you the possibility to know the city of Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the amazing Machu Picchu
Day 1: Arrival in Cuzco
Meet upon arrival at the airport and transfer to the chosen hotel. Rest of the morning free for better acclimatization. We suggest to take the morning flights in order to get Cuzco early and have enough time to rest.
In the afternoon we will visit the city of Cuzco, visiting the Main Plaza, the Cathedral, the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and then we continue to visit the four nearby ruins Sacsayhuaman, Puca Pucara, Qenqo and Tambomachay.
Back to the hotel. Overnight
Day 2: Cuzco - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
After breakfast, you will get back on the road and head towards Ollantaytambo, to take a guided tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You will pass through Pisaq and visit the archaeological complex, then you will see its famous typical artisans market, which includes crafts made by the local people.
After enjoying a buffet lunch you set off for Ollantaytambo (2792 meters above sea level / 9160ft.). This archaeological site was used for many things, and the ritual buildings and terraces stand out.
The Spanish town of Ollantaytambo was built on top of existing Inca structures. These structures are still in use today.
In the afternoon you will take the train to Aguas Calientes, where you will spend the night.
Meals: breakfast and lunch
Day 3: Machu Picchu - Cuzco
After an early breakfast, you will take the bus to the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, known as “The Lost City of the Incas”. You will visit its principal plazas and temples. This tour will let you appreciate the high level of development achieved by Andean Civilization through the Incas.
Machu Picchu is a supremely religious site, Machu Picchu shows the high level of knowledge in astronomy and astrology, this knowledge measured the rain and dry seasons through the solstices and was indispensible for the development of agriculture.
You will enjoy of lunch at Aguas Calientes.
After lunch, you will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes and then go to the train station to take the one back to Cusco.
Meals: breakfast and lunch
Day 4: Departure Cuzco
At arranged time, transfer to the airport to take the flight back or continue your journey visiting any other city in Peru (ask for our extensions).
|Group Service - Price per Person|
|1||2||3||4 - 10|
|USD 750||USD 620||USD 610||USD 598|
|Private Service - Price per Person|
- Transfer in Cusco airport - Hotel
- City tour to Cusco and nearby ruins - group service
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral, Qoricancha, and nearby ruins
- Full day tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas - group service
- Entrance ticket to the Sacred Valley
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba
- Train ticket Tourist - Inca Rail: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
- 01 night of hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Group guided tour to Machu Picchu
- Buffet lunch at a tourist restaurant (in Aguas Calientes)
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Train ticket back to Cusco
- Transfer from the train station to the hotel in Cuzco
- 02 nights of hotel in Cusco
- 03 breakfasts
- 02 lunches
- Transfer in Cusco Hotel - airport
Services not included
- Domestic flights Lima – Cusco - Lima
- International flights
- Luggage excess charges
- Personal expenses
- Extra expenses due to flight cancellations
- Drinks (alcoholic, water, sodas, etc)
- Any insurance, Laundry
- Phone calls
- Not specified meals
- Tips (optionals)
We recommend that you bring
- Comfortable walking shoes (trainers and sandals)
- Warm clothing (hat, gloves, socks)
- Waterproof clothing (poncho - during rainy season)
- Sun block
- Insect repellant
- Water bottles such as Nalgene
- Basic medical kit
- ID / original passport (it is necessary to carry it to Machu Picchu)
- Ask for our other combinations of 4 days programs, we have more possible alternatives
- The mentioned prices are based on hostels, please ask our prices for other kind of lodging and categories of hotels
- This program can be quoted in private services too
- Payments by bank deposit or wire transfers. payments with credit cards apply 10% of commission
Important Environmental Note
Pachatusantrek is committed to following the principles of ecotourism in our operations, and request the understanding and cooperation of trekkers, especially by not contaminating the waters and in the adequate disposal of non-biodegradable waste. We must also respect the customs and traditions of the local people.